The Family Business Owner Peer Group (FBOPG) is tailored for today’s VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) business climate. Understanding the sense of urgency and momentum needed for you to continue to elevate your business performance, the program provides a consecutive 4-month, personalized, peer group program to take a “deep dive” into urgent topics that keep you awake at night to create strategies for your success.
We are accepting applications for the 1st quarter Family Business Owner Peer Group sessions. The group provides a “safe” and confidential time for you to engage with your peers through the exchange of ideas, discussion of the impact of family dynamics and business, define solutions to persistent challenges and identify key actions experienced by owners growing and transitioning their business.
The group is led by expert facilitators that will ensure members leave with pragmatic action steps. Example topics for the group include:
- Contingency planning
- Succession and continuity planning for intergenerational transfer
- Family participation plan – prerequisites for kids to enter business
- Strategic options for a liquidity event
- Role of family offices especially after liquidity event
- Wealth education for next generation
- Balancing entrepreneurial role with spending time with family
- How doing business has changed e.g. impact of social media, millennial and Z generation
How It Works?
- Members are placed in a group with non–competing businesses.
- Ideal Group size is 10-12 participants.
- Participate in monthly facilitated Peer Group – 2 hours each.
- Group is topic-driven chosen by the current member cohort.
- Location is Denver – BKD or MossAdams offices.
- Food & Beverage provided.
- Parking provided.
- Receive two (2) Monthly Private Coaching Sessions – 1 hour each.
- Phone or Video call.
- Meeting schedule determined by Group. Coaching scheduled individually.
- Family Business Owners with $5mm revenue.
- Family member executive operating the business/C Suite or leadership team.